Wednesday, May 7, 2008

it's my birthday!!!

well, i'm officially 27 today! i received numerous phone calls from friends and family and got some nice presents as well. i wasn't really expecting anything for my birthday because my parents are in AZ still and jeff is preaching tonight at his church. i was gonna be all alone :(

i was driving to work this morning and got a phone call from my mom. she woke up at 5 am AZ time, 8 am our time just to sing happy birthday to me!!! she loves me :) i also received calls from both my brothers, alisha, jess, kristi, angela, and my dad. i got texts from my friend christina, alisha, and jeff. facebook is amazing and i got some messages there as well. i feel so loved! thanks judy for the birthday wishes, i'm glad i got to know you as well ;)

so when i arrived at work this morning, there was a happy birthday balloon from one of my children. another parent bought me beautiful flowers. we had cupcakes and a co-worker made a special fat free (really super yummy) cake as well. another co-worker got me bath soap and lotion which smells really nice. and on top of all that... my co teacher hadar and kusum got me a gift certificate for a pedicure! yaaay!!!

i came home to dinner at my uncles and his wife, carolyn. we had chicken on the grill, broccoli, and potatoes. delicious! even had a cake and ice cream. funny story, she didn't have a 2 or 7 for the cake so she used all the other numbers to add up to make 27!!! i wish i had a picture, it was pretty funny.

it was a great day! i wish i had pictures to share... especially the one of me in my birthday crown my children made for me :)

thanks for the birthday blessings! i love you all!

5 comments:

Jessica said...

Yay! I'm so glad you had a good day!! : ) Happy birthday again!! : )

The Marklund's said...

love you too jenn! glad you had a good birthday even with your parents being absent! :) yay for being 27! paul is almost 28! yikes!

Judy said...

Soooo happy you had a great day!

Kristi said...

oh 27 aren't you old now. why don't you try 31 on for size :)

The Marklund's said...

ok birthday girl...we're going on almost 2 weeks without a new post. you ok? where have you been? :)